1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
A name that was synonymous with authority and service. Aegis Authority was the obvious answer. Aegis is known throughout Greek and Roman mythology as a shield or armor meant to protect the Gods. The Aegis was the absolute best form of protection for the Greek gods and Aegis Authority provides the absolute best in Firearms Training and Consulting.
High Desert Chapter
A Girl & A Gun events are intended to be fun, social gatherings where women can come together for support, encouragement, ask questions in a safe and nonjudgmental environment, improve on their marksmanship, and bond together in the shooting community.
With over 20-years in the shooting industry, Julie & Steve are Trained and Certified Training Counselors, Defensive Firearms Instructors and Shooting Sport Coaches, maintaining at least 100 hours of continuing education a year.
Professional Code #protectwhatyoulove
The Professional Code of Defensive Shooting Instructors
1. I am committed to the safety of my students, and hold that the expected benefit of any training activity must significantly outweigh any known or perceived risk of that activity.
2. I believe that it is my responsibility to understand not just what I’m teaching, but WHY I’m teaching any technique or concept, or offering specific advice.
3. I recognize that defensive shooting skills, along with the drills and gear used, are inherently specialized and usually distinct from those of target shooting, competition and hunting endeavors.
4. I will encourage my students to ask questions about course material, and I will answer them with thorough and objective explanations.
5. I understand that Integrity and Professionalism are subjective traits and I strive to maintain high levels of both. I am capable of, and willing to, articulate the reasons for the way I conduct my courses and how I interact with students & peers.
6. I believe that it is valuable to engage my peers in constructive conversation about differences in technique and concept, with the goal of mutual education and evolution.
7. I believe that the best instructor is an avid student, and I will strive to continually upgrade my own skills and knowledge. As part of this belief, I understand that my own teachings need to be subject to critique and open to evolution.